There have been good things that have been keeping me busy such as landscape consults, babysitting my 2-year old twin nephews, babysitting my 11-month old granddaughter, making Halloween decorations, planting my vegetable garden, birthday parties (my twin nephews and my oldest daughter) and celebrating my daughter Ruthie's, baptism last week....
Unfortunately, besides the good things that keep me busy, there are also some bad things that add stress.
Here are just a few examples...
- My second oldest daughter was in a car accident on the freeway. Her car may be totaled, but thankfully, she is okay.
- Finding that my youngest daughter, Gracie, was sticking another fork up her nose. Evidently, the trip to Urgent Care to remove the fork tine that had lodged up her nose last week wasn't enough to keep her from sticking more things up her nose ;-)
- Having one of my kids eat her brother's bag of cheese puffs that he bought with his own money. She has to buy him a new bag with her own allowance.
- Dealing with leaf rollers, that decided to descend upon my yellow bells and orange jubilee shrubs.
- Living in a house that hasn't been properly cleaned in weeks and probably won't be until just before our Halloween party.
- One child, (who shall remain nameless), who knowingly ignored the fact that they did not have a data plan on their phone and racked up $1000 in usage. This one gave me a small heart attack ;-) Thankfully, Verizon allowed us to add a 1-month data plan for this child, which ended up costing only $30 (instead of the $1000) - which our child paid out of their own money and they lost their phone for a month.
I love being a mom and having a large family. But sometimes, I find myself counting how many more years it will be until the kids move out.
Does that make me a bad mother?
I hope not....