I have some confessions to make….
– I am a horticulturist, but that doesn’t mean that I am a neat gardener – my garden has a messy, carefree look to it.
– I like low-maintenance plants that don’t need a lot of attention from me, as long as they look beautiful.
– I would rather be inside during a summer day, enjoying the comforts of my air-conditioner, instead of outside in the garden in the heat.
– I don’t always prune my plants at the right time of year. I am more of a “Do as I say, not as I do” person.
– I am a horticulturist who sometimes wears nail polish.
– I am a Certified Arborist who does not climb trees, I tell people how to prune them instead.
– I don’t have a lot of cactus in my garden.
– I have a floppy hat that I wear when gardening that my daughters wouldn’t be caught dead wearing.
-I hate cleaning up after myself when I finish pruning, so I bribe my kids to do it instead.
So, that is about me and my life as a horticulturist, writer with the occasional recipe and DIY project. My passion for plants makes me happy and I love nothing more than to help people learn how to grow beautiful plants that thrive in our desert climate.
“Gardening in the desert isn’t hard…it’s just different.”