Welcome to my first Fertilizer Friday.  On this day, I am so excited to get to show you what is flowering out in my garden.

We have had unusually cool weather these past few days and some rain.  In the desert, we almost always welcome the rain, which will soon be gone for a few months until the summer rains begin.

Pink Beauty (Eremophila laanii)

Yellow Bells (Tecoma stans)

Even though the flowers are not red or purple, the hummingbirds love to visit the yellow flowers of my Yellow Bells.

Firecracker Penstemon (Penstemon eatonii)

I have had to prune back most of my Firecracker Penstemon a week ago, but should get a second flush of bloom soon.  This flower is one of the few that I have peeking out.

Pink Bower Vine (Pandorea jasminoides)
I have two Pink Bower Vines that line either side of the entry to my house.  They bloom most of the year, but slow down somewhat during the heat of the summer.

Goodding’s Verbena (Glandularia gooddinggii)
My Verbena has been blooming nonstop for two months.  She has been kind enough to have self seeded in order to give me two new plants as well.

Bougainvillea
My Bougainvillea are beginning to produce their colorful brachts again.  The actual flower of the Bougainvillea is not the colorful outer leaves (brachts), but actually the tiny cream colored flower in the center.
My last contribution to my first Fertilizer Friday is the first few flowers of my Orange Jubilee shrub.  I love how tall this shrub grows, it’s lush green foliage and of course the pretty orange flowers.

Orange Jubilee (Tecoma x ‘Orange Jubilee’)

I have enjoyed participating in my first Fertilizer Friday, which is the creation of Tootsie Time.  Please visit her to see what is blooming in other gardens today.
**By the way….my youngest daughter has a surprise that she would like to share with you all tomorrow.  It is kind of gross right now, but will end up just beautiful in the end.

I am so happy it is Friday!

1. Curbstone Valley Farm
    Curbstone Valley Farm says:

Happy Friday Noelle! The last shot of the Orange Jubilee is lovely, and reminds me so much of our sticky monkeyflowers. You have some lovely plants in bloom right now. Most of what seems to be blooming here at the moment, are weeds…especially the thistle and mustards, which I need to pull more of today! Which my garden plants were as robust as my weeds!

2. noel
    noel says:

aloha noelle,

its raining today so seeing all the garden blooms are a nice thing to do with a hot cup of coffee.

spring is popping up everywhere in your garden today i love all the colors, thanks for sharing this today

3. Turling
    Turling says:

Love the Firecracker Penstemon.

Now, can I assume all your plants do well in your summers? Meaning, nothing has to be overly watered or moved indoors?

4. Kimberly
    Kimberly says:

Noelle, congratulations on your first Fertilizer Friday! And your blooms look as happy to join in the fun as you are! All are gorgeous, but my faves are the yellow bells, the firecracker, and the last orange bloom. WOW!! VERY NICE!!

5. Hocking Hills Gardener
    Hocking Hills Gardener says:

Hi Noelle. Girl you have so many pretty blooms going on. Some terrific vines. The picture of the Bougainvillea is just gorgeous. I love the blooms and just found out that they have thorns but your looks like it doesn't. The Bower vine is so pretty. I can see where the Hummingbirds would love your garden.
    Have a wonderful weekend.

6. Rose
    Rose says:

I've never noticed the actual flowers of the bougainvillea before–the colorful bracts always catch my attention. I can see why you like the Orange Jubilee shrub–such pretty blooms! Hmmm, now I will definitely have to check out your post in the morning to see what your daughter has in store for us:)

7. pamsenglishgarden
    pamsenglishgarden says:

Fertilizer Friday is new to me — thanks for the link — your first contribution is lovely! I continue to be amazed at the colorful blooms in your DESERT garden. (In my ignorance it didn't know it was possible). Love the penstemon. Pam x

8. Catherine@AGardenerinProgress
    Catherine@AGardenerinProgress says:

I love Penstemons, I've never seen the Firecracker type before.
    All of a sudden I'm totally drawn to orange flowers. I think this will be the year of orange in my garden. I just love the color of Orange Jubilee.
    All these flowers must attract a lot of hummingbirds to your garden.

9. catmint
    catmint says:

Hi Noelle, I look forward to the surprise your youngest daughter is preparing. Lovely and interesting series of plant pics. As usual a globalized collection with quite a few Australians. People often think of deserts as never getting rain. The way you describe it, it rains but just not consistently. It's getting like that here.cheers, catmint

10. Dirt Princess
    Dirt Princess says:

Lovely! I love bouganvilleas, but they don't do very well here! They are generally an anual here. We get so much rain here that it beats the blooms off, so they have to be really protected